Preparation time: 90 minutes
- 2 tbsp Nicolas Vahé Olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 500 g minced beef
- 1 red onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp Nicolas Vahé Red wine vinegar / aceto balsamico di Modena
- 3 tbsp Nicolas Vahé Ketchup / San Marzano tomato
- 2 jar Nicolas Vahé Tomato sauce / ricotta
- 2 tbsp Nicolas Vahé Spices / meat
- 2 tbsp Nicolas Vahé Salt & Pepper / everyday mix
- 1 pack Nicolas Vahé Tagliatelle / durum wheat semolina & spinach
- 75 g parmesan cheese, freshly grated or fresh mozzarella
- 1 handful fresh basil
Heat olive oil and butter in a casserole pan on a high heat and roast the mince until golden-brown. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside. Peel and finely chop red onions and garlic. Using the same casserole pan, sauté red onions and garlic on a medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add meat, red wine vinegar, ketchup, tomato sauce and spices for meat. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat and leave to simmer for approximately 60 minutes. If you’re tight for time, you can reduce the simmering time to 20 minutes. However, when you allow the dish to simmer, you concentrate its flavours. Season with salt and pepper.
Boil the tagliatelle following the instructions on the pack. Serve in soup plates, top with bolognese, freshly grated parmesan cheese or mozzarella and fresh basil.